Spread the Holiday Cheer!
Every day, women and children turn to Courage Connection for safety and support. This holiday season is no different. The holidays can be a very difficult time for women and their children living in our shelters without nearby family and friends.
Thank you for your past participation in Courage Connection’s Adopt-a-Family program. As you know, the Adopt-a-Family program can make the holidays warm and bright by purchasing items from clients’ wishlists. Adopt-a-Family matches families and single women from our shelters with organizations and individuals in our community. Each participant receives a wishlist from a family and/or single woman. Wishlists include helpful information such as age, gender, sizes, and any other special interests or wishes.
How does it work?
- Fill out the interest-form to be matched with a Courage Connection family. We ask that you complete the form at your earliest convenience.
- You will be notified within 7 business days of specific wishlist items for your “adopted” family. You may purchase as much or as little as you wish from the list and are not required to purchase every item.
- Items should be new and gift wrapped, with a note attached describing the contents and its intended recipient. (Note: all family information will be coded and given anonymously to donors with the wish list.)
- Items are to be dropped off at Courage Connection in Urbana, 1508 South Main Street
- Designated drop off dates and times will be given at a later date.
- Special Holiday Hint: Brighten the holiday season by including your friends, family and children in your Adopt-a-Family. Involve your children in the process or invite your friends and colleagues to join you in Adopt-a-Family.
For more information either complete the interest form (above) or contact Brianna Walden at (217) 239-5341 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
With our sincerest thanks,
Brianna Walden, Children’s Case Manager/ICDVP
Megan Wolf, Development Director