Courage Connection, a community focused agency, which provides shelter and services to victims of domestic violence and homeless families, is seeking to fill the position of Client Advocate. Primary responsibilities include: providing supportive services, client advocacy, safety planning and maintaining confidential client files. Client Advocates are also responsible for overseeing all shelter office duties including phone coverage. High school diploma or GED required; bachelor’s degree preferred. 40 hour domestic violence training preferred. Valid driver’s license required.
Weekly Shift 1: Fri 5p-12a; Saturday 12p-8p; Sunday 8a-8p
Weekly Shift 2; Mon 12p-8p; Tues 12p-5p; Wed 12p-5p; Fri 8a-5p
Please e-mail resume, cover letter and a list of a minimum of three professional references to:
Please include job title in subject line of e-mail
Close Date: March 13, 2017
Connections Resale Store
Connection’s Thrift Store is the go-to place for affordable household and clothing items for resale in the Champaign-Urbana community. We are currently looking for a results driven, outgoing and friendly candidate to join our retail Sales team.
- Greeting and assisting customers
- Maintaining a positive and professional sales environment
- Experience processing cash register transactions
- Maintaining inventory and all inventory records as required
- Assist in opening/closing of the store, daily reconciliation of sales and deposit of receipts
- Maintaining housekeeping standards
- High school diploma or GED required
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including some holidays and weekends
- Be able to lift at least 50lbs
- Be prepared to stand for long periods of time
- Must be a self-starter and able to work independently
- Excellent verbal communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate with customers
- Excellent organizational skills, teamwork, initiative, and life skills; basic math skills
- Computer proficiency (MS Office – Word, Excel and Outlook)
All Courage Connection job openings are posted on this website and in the Sunday News-Gazette.
Courage Connection is an Equal Opportunity Employer.