Courage Connection | Safety. Support. Success.
A family’s immediate safety is intimately connected to their long-term success.
A community’s stability is threatened when any family is in danger.
At Courage Connection, we get the connection.
Our mission: to provide a continuum of services so that individuals and families can achieve safety, stability, and self-sufficiency.
What we do:
Courage Connection provides housing and supportive services to individuals and families who are victims of domestic violence. We believe in the right of every person to safety and the potential of every person for success
Services provided, Fiscal Year 2016 (July 1, 2015 – June 30, 2016)
- 24,190 Shelter Nights provided
- 819 Calls on the Hotline
- 181 Women and 180 Children Received Shelter
- 148 Women, 45 Girls, 5 Men and 32 Boys Received Domestic Violence Counseling
- 261 Women and 17 Men Utilized Court Advocacy Services
- 153 Orders of Protection Granted
- 74 Women Received Professional Development Training
- 14 Women & 16 Children Began Path to Success through Housing Assistance Programs
- 2 Men Received Shelter
Our 2016 Annual Report is now available.
How we are funded:
We receive funding from a variety of state, federal and local government agencies addressing the needs of the homeless and victims of domestic violence. We are a proud Champaign County United Way Community Partner Agency. We also have strong local support from individuals, businesses, religious institutions, and civic organizations who believe in our mission and in our clients. Private donations from these sources account for around 10%-15% of our funding.
Courage Connection is a 501(c)3 non-profit corporation. Donations to Courage Connection are tax-deductible to the full extent of the law. Our FEIN is 37-1346397.